The term “osteoporosis” is derived from the Greek words “osteon” and “poros”, and it means “porous bones”. Osteoporosis is a condition that results in weak and brittle bones, and it makes bones more susceptible to fracture. It is caused by a decrease in bone mineral density and low estrogen levels, and it affects women more than men. Osteoporosis is a serious disease that can significantly reduce a person’s quality of life. As such, it is important for people to take preventive measures before it is too late. Here are links to more information about osteoporosis.
What is Osteoporosis?
- What is Osteoporosis?: This website contains lots of information on osteoporosis, as well as links to related websites.
- All About Osteoporosis: Learn about the causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of osteoporosis in this website.
- Osteoporosis FAQ: Frequently asked questions about osteoporosis.
- Understanding Osteoporosis: Overview and types of osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis Explained: Read this document to gain a better understanding of the osteoporosis condition.
- Osteoporosis Tutorial: A tutorial that provides an in-depth explanation of osteoporosis.
- Bone Facts: This web page contains interesting facts about bones.
- Osteoporosis Fact Sheet: A fact sheet that provides an excellent explanation of the osteoporosis condition.
- Facts about Osteoporosis: An article that offers lots of statistics and information on osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis Fast Facts: These fast facts reveal how osteoporosis affects Americans, according to gender and ethnicity.
What Causes Osteoporosis?
- Causes of Osteoporosis: Learn about the causes of osteoporosis in this website.
- Excessive Calcium and Osteoporosis: This article shows how over-consumption of calcium can lead to osteoporosis.
- Illnesses and Osteoporosis: List of medications and diseases that can contribute to the development of osteoporosis.
Who is at Risk for Osteoporosis?
- Women and Osteoporosis: Questions and answers that can help women understand, treat, and prevention osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis in Men: An article that explains how osteoporosis affects men.
- Seniors and Osteoporosis: Comprehensive information and advice for seniors who are suffering from osteoporosis.
- Juvenile Osteoporosis: This document offers excellent information on juvenile osteoporosis.