Respect your elders is an old saying that is as true today as it was when it was originally started. Treating older people with respect takes many forms, but one area that is sometimes lacking is medical care for geriatrics. There are many reasons why medical care is a problem for older people. Reasons such as lack of heath care coverage, lack of care providers and lack of responsible people being able to help the elderly have created roadblocks for good health among older citizens.
There are a lot of areas of concerns for the elderly including eating properly, having adequate medical services, elder abuse and even making provisions for their death. To assist senior citizens and those that are helping to care for them, we have gathered a collection of helpful resources:
- Senior Health – useful information on a number of topics for the elderly.
- Senior Nutrition and Diet – suggestions and tips on how to maintain health through proper nutrition.
- Nutrition for Seniors – information on proper nutrition for seniors to be healthy.
- Lifecycle Nutrition: Aging – information and resources for senior citizens on food.
- Senior Health – easy to use resource covering a wide range of topics important to the health of senior citizens.
- Senior Health – resources and information on health topics for the elderly.
- Health for Seniors – several topics of interest for seniors are covered in this useful resource.
- Senior Health Information – useful resource covering a variety of senior health issues.
- Senior Exercise – information and resources on the importance of exercise and physical activity for senior citizens.
- Preventive Medicine for Seniors – government resource on why prevention is important for seniors.
- Preventive Medicine for the Elderly – suggestions on what seniors can do to prevent illness.
- Illness Prevention – information on how a healthy diet can help prevent illness.
- Senior Citizen Safety – informative article outlining common safety concerns for senior citizens, including those caused by mental impairments.
- Geriatric Mental Health – Foundation website discussing mental health issues of the elderly.
- Mental Health and Aging – advocacy group dealing with issues of the elderly and mental health.
- Paranoia and Dementia – information on paranoia and dementia among senior citizens.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Fact Sheet – informative resource dealing with the mental impairment with seniors.
- National Information Center – Elder Abuse information from the National Center of the Aging Administration.
- Elder Abuse – helpful information about the problem of abusing senior citizens.
- Elder Abuse – useful information from the Department of Justice on the crime of Elder Abuse.
- Nursing Home Abuse – resource discussing the problem of Elder Abuse in Nursing Homes.
- Senior Diseases – information on diseases and conditions that are common among seniors.
- Health Tips – suggestions on how to maintain health with seniors.
- Senior Health Resources – informative sites covering a health of elderly people.